Pioneer Yarn Company
Pioneer Yarn Company opened in its current location in the beautiful Carson Valley late February 2013 with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Our store is close to 1,900 square feet which allows lots of space for displays, a classroom and a cozy knitting corner complete with a couch!
We carry a large variety of yarns in a broad price range to meet all your stitching needs. We have the latest accessories to assist you in completing your project. We carry bags to keep you organized and to make sure you "look good" while stitching!
Our classes are designed to teach techniques while stitching a beautiful garment or playful accessory. Our teachers are patient experts who really enjoy helping others gain experience and they are fun!!
Our staff is 100% customer focused. We love to help you pick out a new project or help you over a rough patch on a current one. We host knitting groups as well as a weekly "Group Therapy" session where all ages and levels of expertise gather to stitch and chat.
We email a newsletter and list of upcoming classes every month. Visit the "Contact Us" page to sign up!
If you are traveling through the Carson Valley and your partner does not knit or crochet, there is a great coffee shop and internet café (88 Cups and More) across the parking lot. Stock up on the latest novels at Shelby's Book Shoppe located next to the coffee shop. Directly across from us is Amerikan Sushi featuring both raw and cooked delights; trust us, it is excellent!
Payment methods: We accept cash, check, VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. There is a $35 charge for returned checks.
Return Policy on Product:
- Yarn can be returned, with receipt, for in-store credit only subject to current stock.
- Our goal is to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied. All yarn must be in original packaging (not wound).
- Unfortunately, we do not allow the return of books or patterns due to copyright laws.
- Discounted items are not returnable.
- Needles and accessories also cannot be returned due to health concerns.
Special Orders: We are happy to place special orders on all eligible product. We require a 50% deposit when the order is placed.
- Class fees are due in full at the time of the reservation. If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel late, the class fee is non-refundable. Each class is 2-3 hours in duration unless noted otherwise.
- Class materials must be purchased at PYC; students receive a 10% discount on class supplies.